Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recipe: Cinnnamon Banana Bran Nut Muffins

I love food!! And who doesn't? In the past two years I have made some serious changes about what I put in my body, which has led me to create and write my own recipes.

I tailor my recipes to be high in fiber, low in fat and over the top in tasty yummy!! Oh, and lots of agave nectar. If you are watching your sugar intake, this is a great sweetener substitute and you'll find that most of my recipes use it.

So, here goes...
Cinnamon Banana Bran Nut Muffins




Ingredients:
4 ripe bananas crushed
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cups toasted wheat bran
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup organic blue agave nectar
1 1/2 tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil
1/3 cup egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 handful of walnuts and almonds crushed

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350'.

Sift together flour, bran, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, soda and salt and set aside.

Melt coconut oil and mix well together with applesauce, agave and egg whites.

Add crushed bananas, vanilla and milk to egg mixture and stir well by hand.

Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just enough to combine.

Stir in crushed nuts.

Bake at 350' for 25 minutes.
Makes 18 - 24 muffins

* If making a loaf, bake at 350' for 45 mins or until knife comes out clean .

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment